Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Family Reunion and update

This past weekend we went to the bay for a family reunion. We had a GREAT time, which was a huge blessing b/c things have been pretty tense around here. The girls had a blast in the water, and Allie went tubing for the first time! Overall, it was just pretty peaceful and was a much needed respite from the daily drama.







And for the update:  Actually theres nothing much to say. I'm still stuck in limbo. I feel better having spoken to an attorney, but actually taking the plunge and going through with a divorce is a pretty big step...one that I can't take back.  So, before I do it, I want to make sure I've exhausted all my options.  Counseling is sometimes good, sometimes bad. I really dont think he is able to understand how I feel and how what he did effects my attitude towards him. He often acts hurt that I'm not affectionate with him...well, he probably should have thought about that before he was affectionate with someone else.  Therapy is full of emotion and often very intense.  I didnt realize how bad things were until I was forced to say it out loud to a third party. SO, thats where we are.  He's trying most of the time, but I just dont know if its enough. For  now, its literally day to day (or even hour to hour).  The emotions are still very raw and painful....I STILL can't believe he did this.  But, it happened, and somehow I'm going to have to figure out how to just accept that fact because I can't erase it.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful children you have!! I'm stopping by to let you know I need to delete my blog. Things are going well between us -- finally -- 2 1/2 years later. Not all the way there yet, but better!

    Hoping things work out well for you. Well, I know they will. I hope things work out the way YOU want them to.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so so so very happy for you! I completely understand your need to delete the blog...but thank you for having it out there because for the first time, I felt like someone understood how I felt. The ups, the downs, the minute to minute thoughts. You have no idea how much it has helped! Best of luck!!!!

      Delete