Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Mommy, Papa is a bad babysitter

So a few nights ago I had a post-placement to do with this family. You really should read their blog...they are some of the most patient, kind-hearted people I know.  Their children are SUCH a joy.  So, I was there doing post-placement visits on all three of their beautiful Chinese daughters, and had enlisted the help of my father-in-law to babysit b/c hubs was out of town. 

So, all goes well and the next day, Middle A tells me that she thinks Papa is a horrible babysitter.  I asked her why and she explained that he wouldnt let her sneak out of her room at bedtime. Ok, whatevs.  So then I go to brush Baby A's teeth, and find this thick, creamy mess all over her toothbrush.  I asked what it was, and she goes "Papa did it."  I could not, for the life of me, figure out what it was...until I happened to glance at the smushed tube of Desitin next to the sink.  Ew ew ew ew. Baby A told me that Papa brushed her teeth with it the night before! 

So, quick call to Papa confirms he was not wearing his glasses and just grabbed the "toothpaste" and brushed her teeth. He said Baby A gave him a heck of a time. Well, I guess she did!  Poor little thing. So, while Papa is a great role model, grand father, farmer...he might not be the best baby sitter! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment