Wednesday, August 31, 2011

good byyyyye summer

Its that point of the year where Halloween stuff is coming out and heck, even some Christmas stuff, and I'm ready to replace my Sun and Sand Yankee Candle with a more seasonally appropriate Apple Cider or Cranberry Chutney. This year feels like summer flew by...its bitter sweet sending Big A back to school next week. Just one more year until she's in middle school, and thats tough to swallow.  She's so innocent, and the thought of throwing her into the Middle school with all those sweaty, hormonally imbalanced, bullying, clique-y  kids keeps me up at night.
I'm a social worker...you'd think I have more tolerance than the average parent for the variety of children and parents that cross my path. Its actually the opposite...I know what goes on in this town, I know what the kids are doing, and I dont want them near MY kid.  I know, I'm a total hypocrite.
Thankfully, at this stage of the game, she has a pretty good head on her shoulders. She's very open with me and tells me everything. Gosh, I hope it stays that way. She likes who she is, and I dont want some punk ever making her feel bad about it!! 
I can't shelter them forever. I know that. But I want to!! 

Then

Now

How did the time go by so fast???  

No comments:

Post a Comment